February 21, 2014

An Open Letter To Book Publishers


Dear Book Publisher,

Hi. My name is Bob.

I'm almost done with my third book. It's called Advertising Needs Troublemakers.

My last book, 101 Contrarian Ideas About Advertising, has been the #1 ad book at Amazon for almost a year.

But here's the thing. I'm really lazy.

I don't feel like going through the agony of self-publishing like I did last time. It's a huge pain in the ass.

I'm also too lazy to write up a proposal and send it around to publishers. Ergo, this letter.

If you think you might be interested in publishing a semi-brilliant book about advertising, please contact me and we'll talk. I think it might sell well at airports and county fairs. Just kidding about the county fairs.

You can reach me here.

Thanks,

Your friend, Bob

P.S.: Those of you who are not publishers, feel free to forward this to someone who is.

3 comments:

Peter said...

Bob, what is the title of your first book? I thought your second book was the first.

Kiki said...

Hello book publisher- I hope you take Bob up on his offer because I would like to read this book.

Jedi Gorilla said...

Aww... Is it hard to publish a book, Bob? So much trouble... I think the publisher should send a lackey out and write it for you.


I thought you said that the *next* generation was the one full of "narcissists and clowns."