July 01, 2010

Three Years Old And Still Not Potty Trained

Today is the third anniversary of The Ad Contrarian blog. It's nice to still be alive after three years.

Here are some thoughts from a post I wrote on the first anniversary of this blog. They're still true:
Ten days into it I thought I had run out of things to say. Apparently I have a bigger mouth than I imagined.
Five Things I've Learned About Blogging This Year:
  1. It ain't easy being entertaining every day. Or ever, for that matter.
  2. The biggest asset a blogger can have is insomnia.
  3. The professionals (the ones who blog for money) are way better than the amateurs (people like me.)
  4. There are an alarming number of lifeless, dreary, poorly written blogs about advertising and marketing that are way more popular than TAC. I'm bitter.
  5. It's better to be wrong and interesting than right and dull.
I Want To Thank All The Little People:
And a few big ones. First, thanks to my frequent commenters... It's the commenters that make blogging interesting and I thank you for keeping me on my toes.

I also want to thank the people who've had nice things to say about TAC on their blogs... To the people who've had nasty things to say, screw you.

Here's The Interactive Part:
I would like an anniversary present from you. Please copy the paragraph below and email it to 3 smart people. If you don't know 3 smart people, send it to 3 advertising  people.
There's a blog I read that I think you might like. It's called The Ad Contrarian. You can find it at www.adcontrarian.com. Hope you enjoy.
Here are some personal "highlights" from the first 3 years:
Okay, just one more thing. Thanks, gentle reader, it's been fun.

I'm going on vacation for a week (aah, Hawaii) and may not be posting unless something interesting happens. Who the hell knows. 

No comments: